Airport Express - win 7 Does it not work?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by allankayak, Jul 7, 2011.

1. allankayak macrumors newbie

Dear Apple

PROBLEM

Airport Express not working with airplay with Windows 7 computers

When I start the AE, it appears (sometimes) in the airport utility on my PCs, and shows up in itunes.

BUT IT DOES NOT WORK FOR LONG!

SYSTEM

I have a wired network with 4 win7 computers online. We have an adsl modem serving a Thompson Speedtouch router, and a linksys 54g AP on the router to give us a wireless network.

The Firewall on the router is SWITCHED OFF.

There is no firewall on the AP

Our computers us AVG internet security 9 - which works a treat.

I have the airport express set up to connect to the wireless network, which it does and goes green light. (set up using a mac)

The light stays green, but the AE cannot be found on any PC (but it can on a mac)

TESTS??

I have tried with all firewalls off - no difference.
    I have searched and googled until my eyes are popping out with ridiculous remedies that do not work.
    I have tried various port additions in AVG, but no joy - and it does not work with the firewall off anyway.
    IT DOES WORK WITH MY MACBOOK pro.

I have searched and searched and it seems quite ridiculous that a nice little box that should just work, DOES NOT!

And dont give me the crap about not supporting Windows machine - you supply software for it, you obviously know how it works.

I have spent about a week trying to get this working, just so we can have some nice music on a back room. I might as well have just bough a 20 meter long cable.

Please can you explain to me (us apparently) how to get your product working.

2. waw74 macrumors 68030

i've found that sometimes rebooting the main router* will fix the problem.

i had similar issues and that fixed it for me.

*in your case i would do the linksys, as i think it's the resetting of the wireless signal that does it.