Airport Express with Mac and Win

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by will63nMD, Jul 23, 2008.

1. will63nMD macrumors newbie

Hey y'all, hope someone out there can help me with the issue at hand:

Home Network setup:
    MacBook with Leopard, Laptop with Vista32HP, Desktop with Vista64HP, Laptop with XP and networked gaming systems. Airport Express with printer and Airtunes running. FIOS router uplink for wired and wireless components. House is wired so the machines connect either way.

The network was functional without the AE, I added it for airtunes and to access the printer (Konica Minolta Magicolor 2400W) throuth the macbook, it was shared through the vista laptop before (and the mac had issues accessing it).

Airtunes works from all machines. Printer doesnt. The macbook prints just fine, the AE setup was a breeze there. All PCs are set up with the AE, drivers updated, connected through Bonjour but they don't print. No error message, the print job starts, spools and vanishes just like it's successful but the printer never gets it.

Since the printing worked before from all PCs I don't believe I have a driver problem, just in case, I made sure they are the newest. Bonjour is the current version, newly installed. I must have reset the AE like 50 times yesterday - it's set up to extend my wireless network currently.

Someone have a solution how my windows machines get to print?

2. gsahli macrumors 6502a

gsahli

On Windows, have you tried adding a standard TCP/IP printer and checking port 9100 in the Properties>Ports>Config Ports page?

3. will63nMD thread starter macrumors newbie