AirPort Express won't extend my wireless network

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by J. J., Sep 18, 2013.

1. J. J. macrumors regular

J. J.

Hi. You can see my network configuration in the screenshot attached to this post. The first AirPort Express creates a network; a second AirPort Express and an AirPort Extreme extend this network. However, even if apparently there are no problems with the second AirPort Express, it doesn't extend the network. The LED is green; the device was configured correctly; the software is updated; the AirPort is connected to the network, but it just doesn't extend it.
    Obviously I have already tried hard resetting and factory resettings it more and more times with no luck. Can you help me please?

Attached Files:

2. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

When you asked Apple how many layers deep you can stack airports...what did they say?

3. J. J. thread starter macrumors regular

J. J.

What you mean?

4. mcfx macrumors member

In laymen terms how many APs you can daisy-chain together to extend the network.

5. J. J. thread starter macrumors regular

J. J.

Well my house is pretty big and I need at least three AirPorts to have an internet connection everywhere. Do I have any alternative?

6. mcfx macrumors member

There are several routers running on DD-WRT software (ie. Buffalo routers) that support the Wireless Distribution System (WDS). This will allow you to do just that.

BTW, I have the Buffalo WZR-300HP model, a great robust router that supports WDS.

[​IMG]

7. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

I have a new Time Capsule as the main unit. From it I have a new Extreme. Also from from the Time Capsule,,,not the Extreme, I have an old Extreme.

So 3 airports, two levels.....not 3 levels.