Airport Express won't stay in Bridge Mode

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jjk454ss, Dec 6, 2012.

1. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I just got an Airport Express, and I'm trying to make a wireless network of an existing router. It's actually working from what I can tell, but I keep getting a flashing amber light. The error it's giving me is that I need to set it to Bridge mode, which I do, but then it reverts back to DHCP and NAT. I change the setting, restart, then it's green or a few minutes and I get the error again. Any ideas why I can't get the setting to stay in Bridge mode?

2. lindstrom macrumors member

Have you tried to reset to factory defaults and start over? I know it's a last-resort advice but it might work. FWIW I have the same setup and no issues with my DHCP/NAT settings.

3. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Thanks. If I reset it, and don't try to turn on Bridge mode, it works fine. It seems to be an issue if I turn bridge mode on. I guess if it works ill leave it alone. But my last Airport Express I used in the same place I had to run on Bridge mode to make it work.:confused:.

4. outie2k macrumors regular

Is that because the Airport Express unable to obtain an IP address from the main router? Just make sure the the main router is set up correctly and the Airport Express can get an IP from it.

5. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

It's at work, I don't have access to the main router. But it sons like its working as is. The only thing I worry is that if the airport Express doesn't save those settings and is defective I'd like to exchange it while its new. But my guess is its fine, I'm just not sure why it doesn't save the Bridge mode settings when I try to set it up that way.