Airport express won't stream to stereo

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by hyperballad, Jul 22, 2008.

1. hyperballad macrumors newbie

Hi there

I just bought an Airport Express and it connects to the net fine. :)

It is not playing music through the stereo. Rather, it is still playing it through the computer. The cord is connected to the stereo (with the red and white ends), and there is a box in the bottom right-hand corner of iTunes (and I've selected the remote speakers). Is there something missing???

:(:eek:

2. albarran9 macrumors member

If I'm correct you can only use it as an extension to your internet connection or to stream music and use a usb printer and not both at the same time. use the airport utility and reconfigure the express with the right settings and click on the part to where it will be used to stream music or a usb printer.

3. djbahdow01 macrumors 6502a

You can do both, streaming to stereo and using it as an internet router. I believe I had an issue like that at first. I checked out the Apple online help and i got it all figured out. Can't remember what the issue was but it was fixed.

4. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

Bottom right of the iTunes window is a small drop-down menu with a pic of a speaker that says "Computer". Open it and choose "(whatever you named your Express)" or "Multiple Speakers".