Airport Express wtih Airport Extreme question.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by thestaton, Dec 17, 2007.

1. thestaton macrumors 6502

I have an AE (Express) & APE (Extreme). Right now I have them joined, and I can listen to music through my home receiver via optical. Tonight I thought I would try to use the Ethernet port on the AE and I'm not having any luck. My PS3 will not obtain a IP Address. But when I connect it directly to the Extreme using the same cable it works just fine.

Is it possible to configure the Express to work with the Extreme so that I can still use the optical port & have my PS3 connected to the Ethernet port?

Any guides or help would greatly be appreciated.

2. bdsmyth macrumors regular

Did you ever get an answer to this? I'm trying to setup and Airport Express with my Extreeme and having no luck what so-ever. no mater how many times I try and configure it the airport just stays flashing orange. So annoying, and the manual that came with it is of no help what so ever! So if you happen to have cracked it can you let me know.

Cheers
    Barry

3. IMcD23 macrumors regular

IMcD23

Iowa, United States, Earth, Milky Way, . . .
    Hey,

Can you buy a wireless adapter for the PS3? I'm pretty sure the're around.

IMcD23

4. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

Create a wireless network where the Airport Extreme is participating in a wireless network and has a WDS role of Main. Then configure the Airport Express to also participate in a wireless network and set it to have a WDS role of Remote and then tick "Allow wireless clients". That will allow you to extend the wireless network and share out IP addresses over the Airport Express ethernet port originating from the Airport Extreme. You will also be able to stream music and use the USB port for printing on the Airport Express.

5. IMcD23 macrumors regular

IMcD23

Iowa, United States, Earth, Milky Way, . . .
    That should work too.