AirPort Express

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by BreakGuy, Jan 2, 2013.

1. BreakGuy macrumors 6502a

BreakGuy

Currently, I have an AirPort Extreme at one end of the house. I have a PS3 in my bedroom at the other end of the house. As the WiFi from the Extreme is pretty weak in my bedroom, I installed cat5e cable from the Extreme to my room.

I'm wondering if I can use one of the new AirPort Express ethernet ports to connect to the Extreme and the other to connect to the PS3 to have awesome dual band WiFi in my room as well for my other devices (Macbook, iPhone etc).

Just wanting confirmation that this would work or not.

2. mmomega macrumors demi-god

mmomega

It will work.

I would just suggesting a hard reset on the Express once you get it to it's home.
    Connect the ethernet cable, connect power and then hold the reset button down until the Express restarts, should be 45sec until it comes back up to be configured.

Then set up the device through an iOS or Mac Airport Utility. This makes it a very quick setup when starting from a fresh restart. This also takes out any other settings one may have made by messing around or possibly mistakes made and forgotten about.

It is literally a 3 minute process to go from reset to a working bridge and extended WiFi network.