AirPort Express

jpeso2525

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
I can't seem to find where I can purchase a shorter power cord for the express. I ask this because I want to make my Bose speakers compatible with AirPlay without having a long cord dangling there in my bathroom. Any places who offer very short power cords?

Thanks.

waw74

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2008
do you already have the express?

if not you can get the old style refurbed for $69 from apple. no cord hanging down (just a big ugly white thing sticking out of the wall).

the cord style is called C8, or "figure 8" you can try searching those, all i've found in a quick search is 6 foot which doesn't gain you anything.

or if you (or someone you know) is electrically savvy, it would pretty easy to shorten one of those cables (If you know what you're doing) with a couple of butt splices in the middle of the cable.

marzer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2009
Colorado
I can't seem to find where I can purchase a shorter power cord for the express. I ask this because I want to make my Bose speakers compatible with AirPlay without having a long cord dangling there in my bathroom. Any places who offer very short power cords?

Thanks.
Agree with Waw. If you don't have one already pick up the prev gen, such a great form factor adding a Airplay port. Otherwise, its pretty easy shorten a power cord.