Airport Express

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by joejoejoe, Oct 7, 2007.

1. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

Hey,

At my house I have a wireless router sending out internet, I wanted to take advantage of airtunes so I bought an airport express, plugged it in to the wall and plugged in the speakers. at first i could either get internet from the linksys router i had OR connect to the base station and wirelessly listen to my music. after messing around in the system preferences, i got the express to pick up internet from the linksys and all was good in the land.

my issue now is that the express ONLY works when I use it in my room. I recently moved to college and took it with me to my dorm, plugged it into the wall, put an ethernet cable in it (as well as speakers) and all i get is a flashing amber light. tried pushing the reset button, but no luck.

I think that my express is somehow permanently connected to my linksys router at home, is there any way to undo this so that my express works with me everywhere i go?

2. bloomberg macrumors newbie

3. Hudgie macrumors member

I'm no expert at all on this, but cn you sign into the Express using the Airport utility on your Mac? You should be able to create a new profile for your new location.

4. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

Did you originally configure the Express as a WDS member participating in a network with the Linksys? If you did, just factory reset the Express and reset it up as a WAP.