Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mrconnors

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
Bought the new one, my old # 2 Started to give me less than .45%.
Plugged in my mac book pro into the lap top (direct) 35.Mbps. Now the the new Airport is only giving me 3.mbps? Any Ideas what I can do to get this running where it should be? Thanks for any info..

Mrconnors

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
AirPort Extreme

AirPort Extreme works simultaneously on both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, allowing all the devices on the network to use the most efficient band automatically. It uses the latest 802.11n wireless technology, so you can enjoy up to five times the Wi-Fi performance and up to twice the range of 802.11g wireless networks.

Mrconnors

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
For All Airport Extreme's #3-5

Do not set up in auto mode. They all pick the same channels . Jump up 3-5 channels. On both sides. I am now getting 35+ and 12+ for down loading. Thanks for the help.

ahdickter

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
It's important to make sure you don't mix up 'g' and n' devices on the same band. If I'm using an older 'g' device on the 5ghz spectrum, and my newer 'n' laptop on the same band, then my laptop slows down the match the speeds of the older device.

It's a good idea to make 'n' devices the only electronics to connect to the 5ghz band, and all other devices to the 2.4ghz band.

Nov 28, 2010
located
AirPort Extreme works simultaneously on both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, allowing all the devices on the network to use the most efficient band automatically. It uses the latest 802.11n wireless technology, so you can enjoy up to five times the Wi-Fi performance and up to twice the range of 802.11g wireless networks.

Do not set up in auto mode. They all pick the same channels . Jump up 3-5 channels. On both sides. I am now getting 35+ and 12+ for down loading. Thanks for the help.

That reads like a copy and paste job of some Apple documentation.
I guess the questions I asked haven't been answered, but you at least solved your problem.
Strange, but okay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.