Airport Extreme - Airport Express Bridge

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by AndersBeider, Feb 6, 2011.

1. AndersBeider macrumors newbie

AndersBeider

Ok!
    . So my question is, i currently own a Airport Express and it stands in the office which is located in the other side of the house. So sometimes i can't access the internet with my computer because it's pretty far away from the office. But if i buy a Airport Extreme and install the Airport Express on my room as a bridge? Will that fast up my internet connection ?

Plus: I own Logitech Z5500 and it stands on my desk with my MBP, and sometimes when it is turned on i can't access the internet, but when it is off i can. So what is up with that?! :(

Hope someone reply. (sorry for the bad english)

Anders Beider

2. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

I've been using Airport Expresses for years to extend my network. Even worked great with a non Apple router.

Currently have the latestest extreme extend two separate bands via two Airport Expresses. One wireless G for iPhones, iBook, and an old G4. The other is 5ghz wireless N for MacBook, Mac Mini, and iPad.

My only problem is embedded YouTube videos stall every time on the iPad but not on any Macs.

The Airport Express should work fine in your situation

3. mKizzo macrumors member

I concur. I had a AE connected in bridge mode to a Buffalo router last year. It works with some, but not all 3rd party routers. But you'll be fine with AExtreme. Apple even advertise this feature on their website...

http://www.apple.com/airportexpress/features/sharing.html

They call it extended range...:)