Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Babooshka

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 10, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
I have found out that my eMac/Airport card is faulty. When I installed the card at first, I turned it on but the only thing that happened was the chimes played, and nothing more. After 3 tries, it actually booted into Tiger, but in System Profiler, nothing showed up for Airport. I am assuming there is a problem with the Airport card, so I would like to know what products are good for OS X by way of wireless USB sticks, etc.
Any suggestions on how to fix the problem are welcome too.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
I'm not sure about "usb sticks" since the ones I have used for my old windows days were always windows only and the software wasn't on mac. You could try eBay for AirPort cards and ifixit.com for instructions on replacing the card yourself (not sure if that's possible...). Anyway, good luck!

Babooshka

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 10, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
I bought the Airport card on eBay, as the eMac came without one, and installed it following the eMac users manual from the Apple website. That is why I want an alternative, because even installing it correctly,it does not work.

Also, ifixit.com only supports iPods and notebooks, not eMacs or any other Mac desktop.

flir67

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2005
did you install the driver for it? since the emac came without it, your os probably didn't install it.

read up on it and see.....

Babooshka

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 10, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
I installed the stuff that came on the Airport CD. But I will download the drivers from the Apple website and try them. I shall report back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.