Airport Extreme and 2wire ATT Modem help

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by duckyspawn, Mar 26, 2011.

1. duckyspawn macrumors newbie

Hello,

I just purchased appletv and in order to use the computers wake on ethernet access function, I need to put my 2wire into bridge mode and use the extreme as the router. I can get the 2 wire into bridge mode, but do not know how to set up the extreme. Can anybody help?

Much appreciated.

Mike

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

The assisted setup will automatically select the default settings which work for 99% of users. All you need to do is click continue on each step after filling in basic information like the password to secure the configuration, name of network, and password to join the network. At the end you will need to click on the button labeled Update to finalize the settings. After the restart and writing of the configuration, the LED on the front should turn green, indicating all is well. If amber/orange instead, access Manual Setup to see reported issues that need attention and correct those settings and re-update.

3. duckyspawn thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Jedi. I managed to get the airport working as the router but I still cannot get wake on Ethernet to work.

Any suggestions?

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Assuming you have 10.6 installed, check Energy Saver preferences on your Macs. Look for an option for "Wake for network access" and enable it if there is no checkmark.

5. duckyspawn thread starter macrumors newbie

Got it to work. My computer is older so I had to plug an ethernet cable in.