Airport extreme and External Drive Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by toro1966, Feb 28, 2011.

1. toro1966 macrumors newbie

Hey guys - have a problem connecting an external hard drive to the Airport Extreme.

Trying to connect a Seagate 2TB powered drive. I have it configured properly in Airport Utility. Airport Utility sees the disk, but not down to the drive name. Meaning - when I go to the disk section of the utility - it shows me "Seagate 1.8 TB" It does not, however, show me the drive name which is "Apple TV Movies"

Finder does not have it listed int he shared section. I can't get it to show in finder, so I can't get it to mount.

The disk is formatted in Mac OSX extended journaled.

Please help!

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Is this drive self power or does it use a power supply with a cable?

3. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

I've got an external drive set up on my AEBS as well. Here's what you should check out. First, check your finder preferences and make sure in the sidebar section that connected servers is checked. Then your network name should show up in a finder window. Then if you can click on your network name your drive should show up in there and allow you to connect to it. You might need to click the connect as button and type your password (network password). This is all assuming you've got the drive plugged into the usb on the AEBS as well as plugged into the wall outlet.