Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nibuoy

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 3, 2009

WiiDSmoker

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2009
Dallas, TX
So I've been through this. From your Internet device (cable modem etc) connect the airport extreme. Then from one of the Internet ports on the AE hook up the switch.

nibuoy

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 3, 2009
So I've been through this. From your Internet device (cable modem etc) connect the airport extreme. Then from one of the Internet ports on the AE hook up the switch.

hmmmm.
That's how it's already set up

skorpien

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
I was able to do a search for the switch on Linksys' site and found the instruction manual. Are you connecting the router to the proper port? According to the manual, the port to which the router should connect is the sixth port from the left. Then you attach your computer to ports 1 through 4 (according to the same manual, port 5 becomes inactive once a router is connected to the uplink port).

http://homedownloads.cisco.com/downloads/userguide/EZXS55_88_16W_V42_34_23_UG_C-WEB.pdf

nibuoy

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 3, 2009
The setup is correct (I just double checked), yet I still get the no IP adress error.
Also, according to the linksys manual, all the lights are correct.
I'm pretty sure it's not a problem with the ethernet switch, because it used to work perfectly fine before I switched to the airport extreme, when I used an old linksys router.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.