Airport extreme and network printer

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mikemullinax, Dec 11, 2010.

1. mikemullinax macrumors newbie

I recently replaced my aging linksys G router with an Airport extreme. I have an HP 2605dn printer connected to it via ethernet. When I set this up with the old router everything worked great, printer showed up in OSX and added with a couple of clicks. Now that I have moved to the airport I cannot find the printer at all from OSX on either my MacBook Pro with 10.6 or my Powerbook with 10.5. However all of the Windows 7 machines I have in the house see it and print fine. I feel like I'm missing something very simple and help would be amazing.

2. animatedude macrumors 65816

i'm having the same problem...i need an easy way to add an ethernet printer connected to my Airport Extreme in easy way...:(

3. drambuie macrumors 6502a

Are you able to ping the printer from the Macs, or access it's webserver via Safari?

I have a new 15"MBP, and when I set it up with my old Linksys WRT 54GS, it saw my networked HP LJ P2015dn and CLJ CP1518ni printers. I have since replaced the Linksys with a Time Machine, and the printers function properly, although, for some reason they don't always appear in the Finder shares, especially when using Airport only. The printers are attached to TC via a D-Link 10/100 switch.

You haven't said if the Macs are connecting to the AE by wired LAN, or Airport.

4. mikemullinax thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried the macs both on wireless and ethernet

5. gsahli macrumors 6502a

gsahli

Have you printed out an IP address (config page) on the printer yet, so you can see if it recognizes the network?

6. animatedude macrumors 65816

how can i do that? :eek: