AirPort Extreme and Nintendo DS.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by giganten, Apr 9, 2008.

1. giganten macrumors 6502a

The DS only support WEP and I found that jo can get it to work with DS if you change from 802.11n (802.11b/g) to 802.11b/g there can you set WEP 128 or 40 - bits WEP.

But I want to use the 802.11n on my Mac can you make two profiles or something for the AirPort Extreme so I just can change when I want to play on my DS. Or do I have to do it manually every time?

2. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

Unfortunately I believe you have to change it manually every time. There is a work around but you would need to buy a couple of items. My son has a DS and the way I did it was I came out of my cable modem to a Linksys 5 port switch, than one line goes to my Airport Extreme and another line goes to a Linksys wireless router which I have set up with a WEP key for his DS.

Hope that helps in some way.

Peace:cool:

3. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

..or you could put the b/g wireless router in bridge mode and connect it directly to the AEBS thus eliminating the need for a switch. I have this set up and the DS's run just fine (along with all the other b/g stuff). This saves WPA and n only for the AEBS. Note that using this method compromises the network security as WEP is weak. I live in the countryside so its not a concern to me.