Airport Extreme and PC problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by runningtiger, Feb 8, 2010.

1. runningtiger macrumors newbie

Feb 8, 2010
    I want to say I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I searched and couldn't fine anything that would help me.

I recently changed from a Linksys wireless router to the Airport Extreme Base Station. Everything was working great until a few days ago. My wife's PC laptop running windows 7 keeps getting discounted from the AEBS every 5 to 10 minutes. My macbook pro and PS3 both connected via wireless aren't getting discounted, at least that I can tell. I've changed channels on the AEBS but this hasn't helped.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

2. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

Feb 13, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Does this happen all the time, or just while shes performing a specific task - and is she connected to the same network as yours (You havent stated if yours is one with 2 networks or just 1 - it could be a problem with the 2.4Ghz Band network, while everything else uses the other band)
  3. runningtiger thread starter macrumors newbie

Feb 8, 2010
    It has started happening all the time. And as far as I know we are connected to the same network.. I haven't noticed anything to see that the MBP is connected to the 5GHz network.. As far as I know their isn't anything in the house that is on 2.4Ghz band. The router I had before was on the 2.4 band and I didn't have any problems.