Airport Extreme and PS3 refusing the play nice

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Meever, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Meever macrumors 6502a

I got a Airport Extreme a day or two ago and I've been tinker with it but the PS3 just refuses to play nice.

I've got it hooked up via Ethernet and it can connect to the internet and download things but the rates are horrifyingly awful.

200kbs dl
    36kbs ul

and well, this means that I'm getting like 3 fps on fighting games, and can't even join games like Uncharted or Call of Duty? HA!

I don't really know what's going on. But then again I'm no network guru.... so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

2. dray1510 macrumors newbie

I want to tag onto this... I'm not having any luck with the PS3 connection to my wireless network using the new Airport Extreme 802.11n base station.

Ok... I have a new iMac 27" and new Airport Extreme (802.11n WiFi). I own a 15 powerbook, and new PS3 Slim (with updated firmware 3.01). I'm able to connect wirelessly to the internet on my iMac and Powerbook. My PS3 can not find my wireless network. I have gone thru forum after forum and tried everything I can find. Still no luck.

Using Airport extreme base station 7.5
    5 GHz / 2.4 GHz set to Automatic - 802.11 a/n - 802.11b/g/n (Channels are 149 and 1)
    Wireless security WPA/WPA2

I tried adding the PS3 MAC address thru Access Control as stated in the quote above. Still doesn't find the network.

I tried just using 2.4 Ghz. Didn't work.

I tried scanning for the networking on my PS3. I also tried manual set up at stated in the PS3 troubleshooting forum.

My new Airport Extreme is approx. 30 ft away from my PS3. That shouldn't be an issue, because my old router was a G and it was able to connect from the same distance.

I'm out of ideas... Any help would be appreciated.