Airport Extreme and Windows RDC for the Mac.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by deetle, Sep 3, 2008.

1. deetle macrumors member

I have an all Mac house , but I have a Windows laptop for work. The way I do work on it at home is by connecting to it with the Mac version of the Windows RDC. When I had a Lynksys router this worked very well , but it stopped working , and I got me an Apple Airport Extreme base station , and now it doesn't find the windows Laptop. Pinging the windows laptop from any mac works. I have access to the internet from the laptop.

Windows RDC for the Mac support told me to make sure
    "telnet < window System IP Address> 3389" works , I tried it and it doesn't.

I tried to adding a NAT entry for the 3389 port for the windows laptop IP address to the windows , to the Airport Extreme. But no luck. Any suggestions?

2. macdude710 macrumors newbie

Any possible solutions to this? I am having a similar problem with mac RDC 2.0. i can connect if i hard wire directly from the cable modem but not through airport extreme. any one know what causes this? i am using vpn access to a work computer, i unfortunately do not have the option for different software since its work based. thanks!