Airport Extreme and wired Xbox 360 connection problems

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ksgant, Jun 27, 2009.

1. ksgant macrumors 6502a

ksgant

I bought my MacBook Pro and a brand new Airport Extreme to go with it about 4 months ago. I have the MacBook and my wife's iMac hooked up wirelessly to the Airport Extreme with no problems. My son't Wii also hooks up with no problems wirelessly.

My Xbox 360 hooks up sometimes, and sometimes it doesn't. It's not wireless, it's hooked directly to the Airport Extreme via Ethernet cable. When I first got the Airport Extreme, the Xbox had no problem hooking up to it and the internet. But lately it sometimes hooks up, and sometimes it doesn't...with no explanation as to why other than maybe the position of the planets or something. Restarting the Airport Extreme helps sometimes, sometimes it doesn't.

I'll just leave it be for a few days...change nothing...and then try the Xbox again and automagically it seems to work...for a few days. Then for no reason will just stop again. It can't connect through anything then, not even hook up to one of the Mac's using Connect360. It's as if the 360 is not even hooked to any network then.

Also, the Xbox 360 had zero network problems when I was using a DLink router, which was the set-up to hook to the internet and the hub of the home network for the past year. The 360 could hook to the Macs and access the Internet. But the Dlink wasn't wireless, which is why I went with the Airport Extreme when I got my Macbook Pro.

Again, everything else works beautifully, just not the Xbox 360 for some strange reason.

2. ksgant thread starter macrumors 6502a

ksgant

Still no solution to this. I have the latest firmware on the Airport Extreme and now, again for no reason, my son's Nintendo Wii will lose it's wireless connection at the same time the Xbox 360 loses it's wired connection to the Airport Extreme. My Macbook Pro and wife's iMac still have no problems at all, they never lose connection and they keep chugging along and accessing the internet through Airport Extreme.

I'll restart the Airport and all devices will work then. Then again after a few hours or days or whatever, it will stop working on those two systems yet keep going for the Macs. What the hell is going on? :mad:

3. Flipstar macrumors member

What are your network settings on your xbox? Possible IP address conflicts?