Airport Extreme as a bridge?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Sam235, May 29, 2011.

1. Sam235 macrumors member

Sam235

Hello all, i was wondering if the airport extreme would work as a bridge from the main wireless router(the one that came with verizon)the reason is i want to connect my External HDD and my PS3 to it, so i can back up stuff from my pc and macbook, the reason why i cannot replace the main router is cuz its not my house :p ty all

ps the HDD will connect through USB

2. Sam235 thread starter macrumors member

Sam235

3. Jagardn macrumors 6502a

I don't see a settings in mine for a bridge mode.
    You could plug your Airport WAN port into one of your LAN ports of the Verizon Router, it should get an IP address from the DHCP server on the Verizon router.
    You could disable the wireless on your Verizon router and create the same SSID/Password on your Airport, should work seamlessly that way.

4. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

5. Jagardn macrumors 6502a

I was too lazy to do a search...or run through the wizard. :D

6. Sam235 thread starter macrumors member

Sam235

thnx for the reply guys, i read the article u posted and it helped ty, but is there a way to do it without connecting my Verizon router to my AP with a cable, can i do it wireless?the main router is a bit far

7. Sam235 thread starter macrumors member

Sam235

or maybe i can get an AP express then make it a bridge from wireless to wired and connect it to the AP extreme ? need answer quick before i buy :p thnx guys <3

Internet<<Ethernet>>Verizon router<<Wireless>>Airport Express<<Ethernet>>Airport extreme>>Computers and hard drive