AirPort Extreme Base / MyBook Hook Up Not Working

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Mary H, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Mary H macrumors regular

I have a MyBook 250g external HD connected to a hub on my Airport Extreme hub.

If I hook the MyBook up to my computer it works fine but we have three computers that need to access the MyBook.

I have a hub from the airport base connecting two printers, which work, and the MyBook which does not.
    I tried hooking it up directly to the base station and it still was not visible. It has been visible in the past but we could only have one printer or the MyBook hooked up and I wanted all three.

Is there any other way I can find the MyBook.

When I start up my computer I am asked for the password for the airport which I give but am told the password is incorrect, or login not permitted or I need to contact the administrator for permission - only I am the administrator :rolleyes:

I am still learning my way around the Mac. I have an iMac 2.16 GHz Intel

Thanks, Mary

2. Catch Them macrumors regular

the password its looking for is the one to actually access the basestation itself not the wireless password.

Try opening AirPort Utility see if the harddrive shows up under AirDisks.
    if it shows up there, youmay need to try and restart the system or turn airport on/off

i had temperamental issues with mine here and there when setitng it up but usually it should just be recognized.

3. Mary H thread starter macrumors regular

I tried using both passwords and both came back as invalid.

I know I have had the AirPort utility open before but I happened upon my accident. How do I open it?

Thanks

4. Mary H thread starter macrumors regular

It is visible on my Disks and under file sharing but I cannot access it.