Airport Extreme Base Station -- Any good?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by powz, Mar 9, 2008.

1. powz macrumors regular

Hi all,

I'm considering getting the AEBS for my home network. It has a mix of Mac and PCs. Does anyone know if this will work well? Right now I can't even see the PCs from my Mac running Leopard (didn't have this problem with Tiger) so my faith in Apple's networking abilities is somewhat limited...

Also, what're people's experiences with "Airdisk" and printer sharing with AEBS in a mixed Mac/PC environment?

Thanks!

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

It works as well as any other n router. It has good range. Personally, I find "Airdisk" to be a bit of a joke and the current firmware has a few problems especially with regards to the handling of USB connected peripherals.

3. powz thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. Judging from your post and some others I've read on this forum, I think I'll hold off on the router for now, since the main reason why I want one is for the wireless peripherals capabilities.

4. IC3D macrumors regular

IC3D

I had the Linksys WRT54G before, and upgraded to the Airport, I like it. Seems to work fine for my use.

5. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

My works fine. Don't know about "Airdisk", but my USB printer works flawlessly.