airport extreme base station (newest model)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by hisheartscry, Nov 29, 2009.

1. hisheartscry macrumors member

Hoping someone can help...

I have an airport base station that was setup and working properly in my home office. I change locations within my home and now it will not work correctly. Literally, all I did was unplug and plug everything back in. The internet connection is working fine. I plugged it directly into the computer and it works.

I got frustrated and reset it back to factory defaults and reinstalled it and now it still doesn't work.

I can get the internet to work through the ethernet port, if I set the ip to 10.0.1.1

However, I cannot get the airport to work at all. I did notice that the ip when it sets it automatically, was a 169 ip.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Scott

2. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

You have to go through the whole setup process again.

3. hisheartscry thread starter macrumors member

Would you believe I did and still nothing.

I did it several times, and each time it didn't work I did both hard and soft resets.

Weird eh?

Scott

4. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Who's your provider? Cable/DSL? Are you connecting via wireless? Did you hold the reset button while plugging in?

5. hisheartscry thread starter macrumors member

I have connected to my imac via hardwire and the macbook wirelessly.

Still nothing,

Scott

6. designgeek macrumors 65816

designgeek

Try resetting your modem and AEBS at the same time. Sometimes cable modems (I hate them) lock their settings to a certain device and have to be reset in order to think differently.

7. playalistic macrumors regular

Turn the modem and airport off. Then wait a minute, turn the modem back on... Wait until it is up and has synced with your provider. Then turn the airport on.

You have to remember to do things in this sequence. I am with Virgin here in the UK and it is exactly the same.

8. hisheartscry thread starter macrumors member

Got it...

I soft reset my AEBS then unplugged it.
    then
    Hard reset my modem and let it fully boot up
    then
    plugged in the AEBS without any ethernet lines coming out of it
    then
    plugged it into my computer
    then
    ran the airport setup

Working great

Thanks

9. zin342 macrumors newbie

airport problem

I run Mac OS X and recently I had a problem with my IP address. I changed the name and pass of my network and I then tried to connect to the same network again. But instead it connected me with a self assigned IP and I started having many IP addresses like 87.171.19 then 87.172.21 and 87.173.12. Then I lost my connection, I run "assist me", deleted all saved settings and I was able to connect to the correct address.
    I would like to ask, when having such an IP where do I actually get the internet connection from and also if at the time it is dangerous to use credit card numbers and passwords in case they are hacked.

Thanx :)