Airport Extreme Base Station Problem, please help!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by chester0711, Jun 11, 2010.

1. chester0711 macrumors newbie

I have decided to switch over to a beautiful Airport Extreme Base Station for use as my modem/router/etc.... (many reasons for this)

I was using a netgear modem and it was okay but coverage area was spotty and it would literally just drop connection so I bought a base station as I am told it is a wonderful unit.

My problem started when I began to crank it up and the Airport setup program (the airport utility software) stated that the ethernet was not plugged into the Airport Extreme base station. I checked over and over and all physical connections have been made.

I figured their may be damage so I decided to test it again with the netgear modem and all was fine.

I went back to base station and same result.

All software updates have been made.

Does anybody have a fix for this?

2. Santabean2000 macrumors 68000

Santabean2000

Have you tried restarting the modem after connecting the BaseStation?

3. chester0711 thread starter macrumors newbie

When you say "restart the modem" what exactly do you mean? I thought the base station was a modem/router/etc....?

Or are you referring to restarting the base station on the back of the unit with the restart button? If that is what you are referring to then no I have not.

4. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

The AEBS is not a modem. It is just a router. Your netgear may (or may not) be a modem/router. If it is a modem/router, you'll still need it, but you can disable the router part of it and use the AEBS as the router.

So, you'll need to find out if the netgear is indeed a modem as well as a router.

5. chester0711 thread starter macrumors newbie