Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trepex

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 5, 2007
Ottawa, Canada
Wow. What an awesome combination. I picked up the AEBS along with the Seagate FreeAgent Pro 500GB drive and boy am I ever impressed. Apple just makes things so easy. I love how my MBP connects to the Airport, then automatically the USB-attached drive pops up on my desktop ready-to-go.

I've set things in 5Ghz N-only mode, and the speeds are incredible. I absolutely love the freedom that wireless brings, and this makes backups so easy that it's virutally inexcusable not to.

I'm really looking forward to Leopard's TimeMachine. Will it be possible to have both my and my GF's MBP use a single external drive for that functionality? If so that would be great :)

Can anyone tell me more about TimeMachine in terms of whether you can choose exactly what to protect, to avoid for example backing up music if I didn't want to? Or is it a completely automated thing? What happens when space runs out. Does it just age off the oldest data?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.