Airport Extreme Blinking Green Light.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by M&M, Sep 27, 2013.

1. M&M macrumors regular

M&M

Hello,

I recently updated my Airport Extreme to the new model available from Apple.

I exported the configuration file so I could import it into the new model.

Everything went well, no error was displayed, but now the blinking green light that I did have configured before is not blinking on the new AE.

I've checked the configuration on the AE and the option for blinking is enabled.

I've managed to use and old version of Airport Utility App from a Windows machine (I know, not cool to use Windows PC :eek:) but it is the only way to access the settings on the AE that are no longer availables with the Mac App.

Have any of you had this new Airport Extreme and are able to see the light blink?

Thanks

2. opinio macrumors 65816

I shouldn't blink? It should be solid green. If it blinks you have a problem.

See page 9 of the manual.

Attached Files:

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

You've inadvertently changed the settings for the lights. Go into the airport preferences and uncheck 'flash on activity' it's return to solid green.

4. drsox macrumors 65816

drsox

I think he wants it to blink - can't be done on the new AE for OSX. It still is available on the Win version.

----------

I think he wants it to blink - can't be done on the new AE for OSX. It still is available on the Win version.

5. M&M thread starter macrumors regular

M&M

actually my question is : does anyone that has the new AE and has changed the settings via the Windows version of Airport Utility has been able to do it. And after doing it, does it blink while in use?

I know that with the new Airport Time Capsule it works, it blinks, but not on the Airport Extreme.

Thanks

6. drsox macrumors 65816

drsox

I have looked at this setting in the Win AU on the new AExtreme and it is still there, but selecting flash on activity doesn't seem to have any effect.

7. M&M thread starter macrumors regular

M&M

Thanks, I was wondering if the one I got was defective, but since you have the same result well, Apple did something to this AE to not let it blink.

Thank you and have a great day!:D