Airport Extreme cannot be found--help!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by newmacmom, Oct 16, 2008.

1. newmacmom macrumors member

I recently got a new modem because the old one was not working well. It is AT&T DSL. When I attached it to the AEBS, the AEBS light turns green, but there is still no internet. Furthermore, when I go to Airport Utility, it says it cannot be found. It is connected to my PC. If I connect the modem directly into my PC, internet works fine.

When I look on my Macbook or iMac, it lists the internet connection I should have, but it doesn't work there either.

Do I need to do a hard reset? If so, how do I find out factory settings (passwords, etc.)?

2. Zyniker macrumors 6502

Try resetting your modem. Unplug the power from the Airport Extreme, unplug the power from the modem, plug the Airport Extreme back in, and then plug the modem back in...leave each one unplugged for a minute or so before plugging them back in. This should fix your problem. Also, if it doesn't, a question: what model is the modem you're currently using?

3. pit29 macrumors 6502a

pit29

Also, to simplify things in the beginning, maybe it's worth to connect to AirPort using an ethernet cable until everything works.