Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2006
Hi,

I've just bought an airport extreme, mainly to solve wireless printing issues - we have a macbook pro and pc's. I've set it up to connect to the internet, but can't work out how to set up the printer?? Might be missing something really obvious, but the instructions just say to use Airport Utility, and follow the instructions to set up a new network - all this does is change my network name.... probably should mention that until recently I was a pc gal, so I still have a lot to learn!! Any help would be greatly appreciated :) Oh, and I read something about bonjour, but I can't see anything about that in my printer utility??

I sound sooooo stupid :(

cubbie5150

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2007
Huh, I have had my AEBS for over a week, and I had no issues using it w/ my MBP, Dell laptop & HP printer... It took all of 15 minutes from the moment I opened the box of the AEBS to successfully print from both machines... Have you gone into printer settings for both your Mac & PC to add the printer?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.