Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Poohjlv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2006
Philadelphia
Hi all,

I just recently purchased a friend's 12" PowerBook G4 (1 GHz ). I reformatted it using my store bought Tiger DVD. Since then, it has not recognized the AirPort Extreme card. I took it out (it's in the battery compartment) and put it back - not a loose connection. I ran all the software updates and restarted. The System Profiler has "No information found" under the AirPort Card heading.

I don't know what else to do. I'm completely stumped and I can't find any support articles to troubleshoot this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
If you're positive that it's seated fully (I've had situations where I was sure an Airport card was properly installed but wasn't) and System Profiler isn't showing ANYTHING that looks like the card, it's possible it's just dead. If it were just a software not seeing it issue, I'd expect it to show up as something in the hardware info.

The only thing to try would be a complete reinstall to see if that makes any difference.

Poohjlv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2006
Philadelphia
Thanks for your help. It turns out that it looked like it was flush in the slot, but because the chassis is a little twisted from being dropped, it actually wasn't hitting the contacts. All fixed now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.