AirPort Extreme Card not recognized

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Poohjlv, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Poohjlv macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I just recently purchased a friend's 12" PowerBook G4 (1 GHz ). I reformatted it using my store bought Tiger DVD. Since then, it has not recognized the AirPort Extreme card. I took it out (it's in the battery compartment) and put it back - not a loose connection. I ran all the software updates and restarted. The System Profiler has "No information found" under the AirPort Card heading.

I don't know what else to do. I'm completely stumped and I can't find any support articles to troubleshoot this problem.

Thanks in advance.

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

If you're positive that it's seated fully (I've had situations where I was sure an Airport card was properly installed but wasn't) and System Profiler isn't showing ANYTHING that looks like the card, it's possible it's just dead. If it were just a software not seeing it issue, I'd expect it to show up as something in the hardware info.

The only thing to try would be a complete reinstall to see if that makes any difference.

3. Poohjlv thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your help. It turns out that it looked like it was flush in the slot, but because the chassis is a little twisted from being dropped, it actually wasn't hitting the contacts. All fixed now.