Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ven.de.tta

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2023
Hello! I would absolutely love to know what the resale values for my AirPort Extreme TC and Express routers are. I'm no longer using them and I would like to sell them but I cannot seem to find an exact price, although the range seems to be around 10 - 100, which is something I would not sell these machines for. Thanks!

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
It depends on the generation and condition, as well as the platform used.

I bought a bunch of 6th Gen AP Extremes a few years back to create my own pseudo mesh system, after my disappointment with performance of an expensive Linksys Mesh system that I intended to replace my single 6th Gen AirPort Extreme.

Ended up returning the Linksys and purchased five 6th Gen.

These ranged about $45-$70, iirc.

With the HDD in even the newest Time Capsules being pretty old now, I suspect that being a APE TC might not hold its value as much as it once did.

I could be wrong though.

ven.de.tta

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2023
Gotcha. What about the sale price for an Express, two for that matter?

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
I think the newest express is holding its value pretty well, probably due to it being AirPlay 2 compatible.

Although, I picked one up locally from someone giving it away for free, so it depends.

as well as the platform used.
I forgot to say platform used to sell it.

I would expect to pay more for one on ebay than I would on a local forum, like Craigslist.

trusso

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2003
6th generation AirPort Extremes (the only version with 802.11ac, the only version worth still buying IMO) go for about $20 to $30 on eBay. I’ve bought a couple at that price, and there’s no way I’d spend any more than that. They’re solid devices, but they’re 10+ years old now. If you’re looking to make bank reselling your old Apple AirPort devices, either find someone gullible (don’t) or think again.

Reactions: Fishrrman
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.