Airport Extreme/Express updates coming soon?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by rmhop81, Apr 11, 2011.

1. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

I was going to order another Airport Express for my setup to run speakers in another room and I noticed amazon said would ship 1-2 months. I checked the extreme as well and it said the same thing. I went to MacMall and it said the same thing also. So leads me to believe that there is an update coming soon. What do you think?

2. DaveTheRave macrumors 6502a

Considering I just bought a new AEBS this weekend, I hope they don't update it for a long time. But I don't think they will because on the Apple page for the router they say "New" for the faster performance. I think if they update anything at all, it would be the Airport Express.

3. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

I just checked and they both say "ships within 24hrs":confused:

4. Wooderson00 macrumors newbie

I'm curious about this, as well. I need to get my parents another router, and have been waiting for another Extreme to hit the reburb site. I'd wait a little if a refresh is on the horizon.

5. Wooderson00 macrumors newbie

So just how easy is it to set up an Extreme? I think I am going to get one off the reburb site for my Mom. I've never had one before, so I am unfamiliar with the initial setup. Does it have to be setup on a Mac, or can the initial setup run on a PC? We live in different cities. Is it something I can walk her through over the phone? Keep in mind, this is my mother ... not exactly the most computer-literate person.