airport extreme + external hard drive problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by brianbkny, Mar 6, 2008.

1. brianbkny macrumors member

i just picked up an airport extreme base station, fixed all of my wireless problems as far as drop outs and disconnects. i just plugged in a 250 gig external usb drive to the airport and it wont mount on my desktop. the disk is recognized in the airport utility but not through airport DISK utility. how can i fix this problem?

leopard 5.2 and firmware 7.2.1

update*

so now i can manually connect to it but it still wont mount even when i connect to the disk using the finder and typing in the ip to the router and putting my password in.

2. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

Anyone have a fix?

I have this exact problem. I just bought a new macbook and the external western digital drive won't mount onto the desktop via AEBS. Previously this worked flawlessly on my MBP running Tiger. I've reset the AEBS 5 times, unplugged the external and still nothing. It shows up as available in Airport Disk Utility but it won't show up on the desktop and I can't access it.

Ugh! Any help would be appreciated.

3. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

I was able to get my external to mount doing this: open Finder. Click on Finder>Preferences and click 'connected servers' check box. Command F to bring up a finder window and on the left side under 'shared' my AEBS shows up. Click once on the base station and the external hard drive shows up. Click on the external hard drive icon and it mounts to the desktop and stays there. I imagine I'll have to repeat this everytime I disconnect from my AEBS rather than it automatically mounting.