Airport Extreme Failure or MBP failure

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by moswen, Feb 17, 2008.

1. moswen macrumors newbie

Hello everyone

I've had an airport extreme gigabit edition that has never worked properly for the almost two months that I've owned it. My macbook pro running leopard (10.5.2 as of this writing but previously 10.5.1) looses wireless connect with the airport (running firmware 7.2.1) completely I am no longer able to connect to the wifi and it no longer shows in the airport utility app though the status light on the airport shows green. I have restarted the computer and sometimes regain connection at other times I have to unplug the base-station and plug it back in this leaves me wondering if the base-station is having a broadcast issue or if the issue is in the MBP wifi card. The wired connection works at all times just for clarification. There is no discernible pattern to the failures i.e. a particular time period or set of action before the failure occurs so I am simply left in the dark. I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing similar problems I have searched this forum as well as done a google search but have not seen any conversation with similar experiences.

Thanks in advance for all replies
    Sincerely
    confused

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

If the Airport has never worked then that is more likely to be at fault here.