Airport Extreme firmware 7.6 available

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by DaveTheRave, Nov 10, 2011.

1. DaveTheRave macrumors 6502a

I see it in Airport Utility. Anyone know what it will fix?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I'm getting the 7.6 update for my N Express as well.

3. herr_neumann macrumors 6502

herr_neumann

Was just about to start a thread asking the same.

4. Zyniker macrumors 6502

Installing it now on a handful of devices. It's probably a fix for the iCloud-related issues some people were experiencing.

5. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

Taken me years to get this all working in sync, staying clear.

6. Zyniker macrumors 6502

Maybe it doesn't address the iCloud-related issues. The sub-tab under Advanced is labelled "MobileMe" still...

7. BuckyN8 macrumors newbie

Thanks for the link! Looks like I will be getting that update when I get off work today!

8. Beanoir macrumors 6502a

Beanoir

Well i've just upgraded my Extreme and Express to 7.6 and now I can't connect to the internet and having to use an old router...dam it!!!

9. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

10. mmomega macrumors demi-god

mmomega

Updated my 3rd, 4th, 5th Gen extremes as well as the express and so far no problems.
    Well I after updating I had to restart my MBA before Airport Utility could see the Airports again but they were working.

Haven't tested airplay yet or updated the TimeCapsule yet.

11. cfbtopherville macrumors newbie

Arrrg

Similar issues here other than I gave the old router away so it'll be direct connect for me till this is resolved.
    Tried soft and hard resets, green light comes on but no internet via the wireless or hardwired either. Internet is still there and on occasional resets the internet pops on then disappears again before a page can load. plugged into the net direct all's good (other than painstakingly slow as always:D)

Not sure it's the firmware tho as after one hard reset it worked ok till I tried to set it up using Airport Utility to the exact settings as prior to issue.

Not sure if going back to an older version is possible or useful at this point..???!

go ahead call me a nube, don't care much, just want it to work.

12. PhilthyM, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2011

PhilthyM macrumors newbie

I wish there was an easy way to go back! It seems you have to have a copy of the 7.5.2 firmware available on your machine for it to load. But I can't find that anywhere. Why does Apple make this so @#$%^&! hard?!

Edit: Found it - http://apsu.apple.com/data/117/041-1797.20111110.3Tyhg/7.5.2.basebinary

13. jowie macrumors 6502a

I'm a little worried about updating my firmware considering everything is running so well. I do have an annoying flashing amber light (but I've covered it over with a picture ;))

Is it worth updating, or are a lot of people having issues with this update?

14. ibarnett macrumors regular

ibarnett

15. Spacedust macrumors 6502a

Applied to my Time Capsule 500 GB (1st generation) and works ok ;)

16. Wombat-man macrumors newbie

Wombat-man

Seem to be getting some intermittent drop outs playing music via an airport express. Both with itunes and pandora.

17. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

My AEBS is still at 7.5.1 and everything is running fine....with all the bad reports I see here and at apple, I guess it'll be staying at 7.5.1 a while longer..."if it ain't broke....."

18. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Same here, although I could have sworn this update came out long before the 10th of November. I must be lost in the [cranberry] sauce again or eaten too much turkey! :eek:

19. jtbrown macrumors newbie

7.6 gave me huge problems, as well, basically rendering my network useless. For me, it was very easy to revert to 7.5.2 from within the AirPort Utility, after I read instructions on another forum. Here's how to do it: 1) open the AirPort Utility; 2) select the device you want to change the firmware on; 3) go to the "Base Station" menu and select "Upload Firmware…"; 4) choose 7.5.2 as the "Upload Version" and click "OK." It's possible that some will have to download the firmware first (see PhilthyM's link), but for me that was not necessary.

Also, for Jowie and anyone else who wants to get rid of the flashing amber light: Open AirPort Utility, select the device, ignore the "Update Firmware" option, and click on "Continue." In the next pane, again ignore the "Update Firmware" button and click "Continue," and when a dialog box pops up and gives you the options of "Skip," "Cancel," and "Ignore," choose "Ignore." In the next pane, you'll see a chart indicating that a firmware update is available, but you have chosen to ignore it. With the "Update my [device] with these settings" option selected, click on "Update." Your device will restart, and the light will go back to solid green.

Note that since this process involves restarting your device, you need to do it when you won't be inconvenienced by having the device unavailable for a few minutes.

20. jowie macrumors 6502a

Excellent advice. Thanks!

As fhall1 said, "if it ain't broke..."! I think I'll wait for 7.6.1 :)

21. ZipZap macrumors 601

7.6 caused my 2.4ghz network to stop responsing. I did not notice for days as I mostly use the 5 ghz band.

I dropped the firmware back to 7.5.2 and then reinstalled 7.6

Problem gone.

22. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

I can't seem to get my USB drive to stay connected to my MBA. It appears for a few mins and them becomes inaccessible... Anyone?

23. Lee Adama macrumors regular

Lee Adama

how do you have your USB drive connected to your MBA? Via cable or wireless via Airport Extreme?

24. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

I have a USB cable going from the hard drive to my time capsule. I'm trying to connect wirelessly