Airport Extreme + Firmware Update Soon to be released

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by CLuv, May 28, 2008.

1. CLuv macrumors 6502

Spoke with an Apple Rep today about the issues with the current firmware 7.3.1 on the Airport Extreme. My issue, which they haven't reported yet, is when I switch the radio mode from 802.11n (b/g compatible) to 802.11n (5Ghz) and then back to 802.11 (b/g compatible), Airport Extreme doesn't restart and the only way to remedy the situation is by doing a factory reset of the unit by pressing in the reset button while you plug the unit in and start from scratch. You also need to make sure you change the Channel from the Automatic (3) to a higher channel like 9 or 11 in order to have the unit even broadcast it's ID so you can connect.

The rep stated that the wireless is having a lot of issues, and they have a lot of people in the Wireless Department now working to fix the issues.

She stated that a firmware update to the AEBS is expected to be released very soon.

Hope that helps with people that have encountered the same issues, and have a flaky connection with 802.11n (5Ghz).

2. southerndoc macrumors 6502a

southerndoc

I think you were fed a line of BS if this came from a sales rep. If it came from a tech support rep, then maybe it's true. You didn't specify what type of rep it was coming from. Sales reps are not privy to Apple insider information.

3. CLuv thread starter macrumors 6502

Actually a Tech Rep from Apple when I called to their Wireless Support Department. I never trust a Sales Rep, and I barely trust a "Genius".

4. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

yup

5. CLuv thread starter macrumors 6502