Airport Extreme/Hard Drive - Disconnect Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by eurobass, Dec 23, 2010.

1. eurobass macrumors newbie

I've been having this problem for awhile- maybe some of your intelligent people can help me.

I have an airport extreme and two 1TB hard drives connect to it through a USB hub.

Every night, I have a program that copies one of the hard drives on to the other. This has worked for the first year that I had the setup.

Recently, when copying, the mounted hard drives will disconnect and I will loose my internet connection. When this happens, the green light on my airport extreme turns to yellow and starts flashing- is it is restarting.

This also occurs if I manually try to copy a large batch of files.

I'm usually decent at debugging computer issues, but this one has me stumped.

Any help will be great.

Thanks,
    Daniel

2. garethbrown01 macrumors newbie

Interesting. I have started to do an online backup of a hard drive containing my media attached to an airport extreme and it has recently started to unmount itself!!

I have only just updated to the most recent software version 7.5.2 and don't remember having this issue before.

Is this similar in your case?

3. eurobass thread starter macrumors newbie

I have had this issues prior to the most recent upstate, but it is still occurring after as well.