Airport Extreme + Harddrive+ Mac + Pc? Possible?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by inmotion, Jun 3, 2007.

1. inmotion macrumors member

:confused:

hey all
    i just got a airport extreme (n) today and well i plugged in my external harddrive partitioned with a FAT32 drive and a HFS (MAC JOURNALED) drive

my mbp seems to connect to the drive fine but when my roommate tries to access it with his toshiba its says that the login information is incorrect (but they are not!)

is this because the toshiba can't read the HFS partition?

any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

2. kalisphoenix macrumors 65816

kalisphoenix

Weird. Why are you using FAT32 anyway? :) It's a terrible FS for important information.

I didn't even know that the AEBS would work with FAT32 anyway... but that shouldn't make any difference, at least on the level that you're discussing.

Are you sure he's not typing in the WPA password when it asks for the AirDisk password?

3. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

Windows can see it, but the software on the web to enable it is pricey, for what it does.

4. inmotion thread starter macrumors member

no.. i've tried with the the account setting so im sure im not typing the wep/wpa password
    actually im not sure if its fat32.. i just remember using the disk utility to format it under MS-DOS ...

well i need it since like i said, my roommate has a windows laptop and we share files between each other so yea...
    any other ideas?

5. Devil's Refugee macrumors 6502

I have exactly the same problem. I have a 300Gb SATA drive, formatted in FAT32, MacBook and Thinkpad. The MB can see, read and write to the drive no problems. The Thinkpad can recognise the drive but will not log onto it despite best efforts.

6. inmotion thread starter macrumors member