AirPort Extreme HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by AFPoster, Aug 9, 2009.

1. AFPoster macrumors 65816

So last night I came home and tried to log onto the internet via my MacBook. When I pulled up Safari it said "Unable to connect". So I ran threw all the steps to bring it back up. Now the only way I can get on the internet is by the modem and not through my Wi-Fi Router. I am using the AirPort Utility but every time I get access to change something it continuously crashes or wont update my changes. It also takes forever to get access to the Router. I even reset the modem and the router 7+ times holding down the button for 15seconds or so. Any tips need help to get my internet back.

I am running Mac OS X 10.5.8
    My other MacBook is running Mac OS X 10.4.11
    Using Airport Extreme 802.11n Wi-Fi Wireless Base Station

Thanks

2. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

have you tried to connect to your wifi with your other computer? Most likely cause of your problem: dead router.

3. AFPoster thread starter macrumors 65816

Got my answer from Apple and got my problem fixed. Future users with this problem read here:

First buy an Apple Care Protection Plan on anything Apple, it rules!

Second my problem dealt with the Firmware being outdated with my AirPort Utility on my computer. It wouldn't download until I took it to the Genius Bar at the Apple store so they could do a hard install and make it work. That was my problem, very simple fix however if they couldn't fix the problem they would have given me a new one, thus applecare rules.

Hope this helps anyone else.