Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KSUJace

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 19, 2009
Anyone have any suggestions for this problem ...

I have an Airport Extreme router being used with my cable modem service. It seems like after about 12-18 hours of use the router slows to a crawl. The only way to fix the issue is to do a hard reset by pushing the reset button and reconfiguring it.

I'm using firmware version 7.4.1

Here is an example: Latency 10 minutes ago was 800+ ms, speeds were 2m/300k ... I just reset it the router, now latency is back down to 7ms and speeds are 14.2mb/2mb

USCtrojan08

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2007
I'm having the same issue. It seems that after the last update i have some problems with speed. I have an external hard drive attached to it and i use to be able to watch videos while browsing and now if im watching something and browsing at the same time the video is really choppy.

If anyone has a solution or explanation as to why this happening please pass it along...

Thanks.

Geofredus

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2009
Let me add my "me too". Rolling back the firware doesn't fix the issue. Also, degradation in latency is instantly after modem and router reset. Initial pings go at 24 ms; subsequent pings get longer and longer toppong out at 2400 ms. Substituting a different router, latency issue goes away.

Any resolution to this issue?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.