Airport Extreme Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by kwmom, Nov 29, 2011.

1. kwmom macrumors newbie

Hi. I am having issues with my in home network. I have had my network guy out here and he is having trouble determining the problem. I am hoping someone on her can help me. The following is my basic setup which worked perfectly for the last year and a half until the power went out the other day. When it came back on, nothing worked the same. In my network closet, I have a cable modem. Connected to that is an Airport Extreme. From there it connects into a Linksys 16 port switch. This goes to several rooms in the house. In the family room, I have another Airport Extreme that acts as a wireless access point for the downstairs. I have another AE in the study that is an access point for the other part of the house that the other one's don't reach.

After the power came back up, I reset everything. I can no longer access the internet on my iMac in the study or access any of the AE's via the Airport Utility. I have had the modem and internet checked out by the cable company and it is fine.

This is what I have done. I connected the cable for my iMac directly to the Airport Extreme in the network closet and I am able to connect to the internet fine and I can see the AE in the Airport Utility. When I connect it back to the switch, I can no longer see it. However, when I disconnect every other cable from the switch and just have the one going to the iMac, it also works. So, I don't know what the issue is.

I apologize for the longwinded post, but I hope someone can help.

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

It sounds like a problem with the switch. Is there another switch to try?