Airport Extreme issues

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by epicwelshman, Jul 24, 2008.

1. epicwelshman macrumors 6502a

epicwelshman

So I recently purchased an Airport Extreme to replace my POS Linksys wireless router. All was fine until today, when it stopped working. I came home and the Airport was hot... really, really hot, and the internet wouldn't work. I unplugged it to cool it down, and when I turned it back on the internet still wouldn't work. The green light comes on, says it has an IP address, but nada. I tried resetting it and creating a whole new network, and still nothing.

What to do?

2. antzona macrumors regular

antzona

I think this is an ongoing issue with firmware 7.3.2. I have had a number of problems since upgrading the firmware. My green light is on, and it shows an IP, but there is no connection to the internet. I stopped using it for a few days, then I turned it back on and switched it back to 7.3.1, and it has worked all day, which is an improvement. I was having to cycle it on and off several times a day. I am looking forward to 7.3.3.

3. epicwelshman thread starter macrumors 6502a

epicwelshman

I'm pretty sure I didn't update to 7.3.2 though... I think it's still 7.3.1

I was so tired of my crap Linksys, I really don't want to start hating on the Airport

4. Foxile macrumors regular

I've been getting more and more frustrated with my Airport Extreme. I have a nightmare trying to send and receive mail...everything is really slow. Adium regularly drops or fails to send messages.

My little Asus lappy has not problems at all, so I can only assume it's the Airport causing the problems...