Airport Extreme, Macbook slow transfers.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by yozh, Aug 27, 2009.

1. yozh macrumors 6502

Hello all,

Today I was cleaning my Macbook and decided to test the speed of my Wireless N connection, from my macbook to my FreeNAS server, which is connected to the Airport extreme base station via Gigabit I`m getting around 30-40 megabits, The top that I seen over time is about 6-7 Megabytes, which is seems slow considering that the APEB is N and gigabit, when considering that same type of transfer via wire gigabit is giving me around 250-500megabits.

Airport extreme is set to 5GHz N and macbook shows 270megabits. So why is it so slow. Even when I transfer to a drive thats attached to the APEB its still around 6-7megabytes. I tried coming closer to the wireless AP and still the same, what could be an issue here is it a setting on the APEB ?

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. lokinvar macrumors newbie

ive had similar problems with an older aebs. I found that i had surrounded the router with metal objects like tv dvd amp etc which were interfereing with the signal and had cut throughput by half.
    Chances are you might have already sussed this but if not...

3. yozh thread starter macrumors 6502

I dont have anything around it really that might interfere, its on a high point in my closet in the basement, but even when I go to the basement I get the same speed.