Airport Extreme (n) Blinking VERY FAST!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by IMcD23, Jan 14, 2008.

1. IMcD23 macrumors regular

IMcD23

Iowa, United States, Earth, Milky Way, . . .
    Hey,

I have an Airport Extreme (n) base station. All of a sudden i was surfin' the web on my iPod Touch and then it said it couldn't find the server. I have a Netopia 2241N-VGx modem (from ISP), that is where the internet comes in. Then it is connected via Ethernet to the Airport Extreme. From there I have usually 3 computers connected with ethernet and a few on wireless. I tried resetting both the Netopia and the Airport Extreme a few times and tweaking the setting of them. The Airport was having trouble connecting in airport util so I reset again, and so on for about 3 times (this is after tweaking settings like nat and dhcp). Now it won't connect at all and I can't reset it. When I try to reset, I hold down the reset button, right, then the thing should restart, but it doesn't. After holding the reset button down for about 5-6 seconds, the light on the front starts flashing orange very fast! About once every 1/4 second. It won't reset and I can't seem to find anything online. I am connected right now directly to my modem on my iMac so I can have internet to post. That works, so its not the netopia.

Please help! I need to get this working!
    IMcD23

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

Well, the most obvious thing to try is unplugging it and letting it sit for a few minutes to get a good hard reset. If it's still misbehaving and refusing to do any sort of rear-button reset after that (including the full factory-state reset), I'd have to say it's probably a hardware failure. Rare, but they do happen.

(What does the Airport manual say that pattern of blinking means?)

3. IMcD23 thread starter macrumors regular

IMcD23

Iowa, United States, Earth, Milky Way, . . .
    It doesn't say anything about it. I am trying your other thing.