Airport Extreme-N external HDD problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jedivulcan, Aug 2, 2007.

1. jedivulcan macrumors 6502

I just got my Airport Extreme basestation in the mail today. I have three MyBook drives all Mac formatted connected to the Airport Extreme basestation via a Belkin USB hub. Everything works fine and connects. It even shows how much space has been used on the HDD (which is correct) but no files are shown? What gives?

2. kolax macrumors G3

What happens when you don't use the hub and plug one hard drive directly to your AEBS(n) ?

3. hlemmon macrumors newbie

Have you, by any chance, set up your file sharing preferences inside the Airport Utility to secure your shared Airport Disk 'With Accounts'? When I tried this, the drive was mapped automatically on both my Macs and I could see how much space was used on the drive, just like you describe, but when I opened the mapped drive I wasn't able to see any files. I suspect this was because I was only able to see the contents of the newly created user folder that was added to my Airport Disk to match up with the user account I had specified in my Airport Utility. Have you tried changing your Airport Utility's file sharing configuration to secure shared disks 'With a Disk Password' or 'With Base Station Password'? That's what I had to do to enable me to see the contents of the other folders already existing on the drive.