Airport Extreme N Troubles

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ecbtln818, Dec 24, 2007.

1. ecbtln818 macrumors newbie

I purchased a new airport extreme about a month ago and was very pleased with its reliability. However, as of yesterday the wireless has just about quit on me. When trying to connect to the wireless network on a mac as well as an ipod touch, it will have trouble obtaining an ip address. Sometimes it will work, other times not. Then, even if i do manage to get an ip address, the connection is really really slow. Like, im talking slower than dial up slow, although i havent been able to get a speed test. So obviously this isnt a viable option. The other problem is that when trying to connect to it on windows xp, it wont be able to even get an ip address. Surprisingly however, the dhcp server works perfectly fine when wired to the router, just wireless is another story. Anyone else having a similar problem? Because most of my house is wired, its not a problem right now but it is very annoying.

2. Celeron macrumors 6502a

Sounds like a wireless problem. Did you try changing the wireless channel to something else?

3. IChing macrumors regular

You wouldn't by chance have Comcast as your provider?
    We had problems over the holidays.

Reset the modem seemed to help, but ultimately Comcast had to reset it on their end. My apple extreme was not the problem.

4. IMcD23 macrumors regular

IMcD23

Iowa, United States, Earth, Milky Way, . . .
    Yes, change the channel by going to Airport Util, (Your Airport), Manual Setup, Wireless Tab, Channel, and pick the channel. Then hit update. Hope you get it fixed!!!

IMcD23