Airport Extreme Network Card

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Ryderdawg, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Ryderdawg macrumors newbie

I recently got a PowerPC G4 from a family member and reinstalled Mac OS X 10.5. I did this without the Airport Extreme card installed. After installation I put the card in, and after booting up I thought the card would be recognized. I was wrong. Any suggestions besides that the card might be bad, that I can do to fix this? The card works on other machines.

2. quantum003 macrumors 6502a

quantum003

You probably don't have it pushed in far enough. You've really got to cram that bad boy in there, further than you think you should. Give it another good whamma jamma and then restart. If it still doesn't work, try software updates until there are no more to get. If that doesn't work you may have to try downloading Airport Extreme software from the web, but I'd really be surprised if 10.5 didn't have all that included in the O.S....

Is the triangle appearing in the top right corner of the screen? Is it telling you that Airport is indeed available, but that you do not have a card installed? Or do you not see the triangular Airport logo at all?