Airport Extreme (new) Wont let C&C Connect?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by illegalprelude, May 27, 2009.

1. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

Ok you guys, so I have the new airport base station and im having a problem with it.

My Macs and PC and iPhone and PS3 and Vonage all work off of it with no problem whatsoever. But my game, Command & Conquer 3 on my PC, wont connect to the online for the life of it. Well, I can connect to the online mode, but I cant launch any games when people join my games, but cannot connect to me...

Its just with this router too, my Netgear N had no problem. What would cause something like this?

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

It's most likely a firewall issue. You'll need to see what ports to allow for the game and configure it on the router.

3. illegalprelude thread starter macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

Agreed with the firewall idea. So can you be a little more specific on how I can configure the firewall on my Base Station? I dont really see a firewall setting anywhere in my airport utility. As far as my PC goes, its connected to 10.0.1.6...and thats what the game also recognizes if that helps.

edit:
    Ok, ive narrowed it down to the fact that I need to do some port forwarding. But I just have no idea what to do from here on.

4. illegalprelude thread starter macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

5. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

U need to find out the IP address of the computer running the game, and also which ports the game uses and input that on the airport utility under port forwarding.

6. illegalprelude thread starter macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

well the ip, i know and port i should be able to figure out but then under airport, i dunno which of these options to chose from.

Attached Files:

7. illegalprelude thread starter macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

8. MagpieX macrumors newbie

SoS

I don't own one but it looks like you leave the service option blank, then set the Public & Private UDP port to 13139, 27900, 65000 and TCP port to 28910, 29900-29901 then Ip address to the computer you what it directed to.

You may have to make more than one rule for each port option i don't know how the router works.

By c&C 3 you mean Tiberian wars right? If not get the ports from this list http://portforward.com/cports.htm

9. star-affinity macrumors 6502a

star-affinity

It's really irritating – I've opened up exact these ports and it still won't work. Not with the AirPort Extreme I had previously and not with the Time Capsule I have now. Games can be joined but not started. It seems the latency is to high.

What is it with this game and the Apple routers?
    Or what am I doing wrong?

This is how it looks for me in the Port Mapping:

[​IMG]

Seems right, or?

10. skorpien macrumors 68020

Have you changed your AirPort's default IP address and range? It's supposed to be 10.0.1.1 for the AEBS and 10.0.1.XXX for all other devices.

11. PICAX macrumors newbie