Airport Extreme not working!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by derek1984, Mar 7, 2009.

1. derek1984 macrumors 6502a

Hey guys,

I just bought the new Airport Extreme and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it set-up. I am trying to get my Dell desktop set-up so it can run on a G-network while next week I will be getting a Macbook Pro. Going by the directions, I think I have everything connected properly. I have 2 ethernet cables. 1 usb cable. My cable modem is plugged in and seems to be fine. I just can't get my Airport Extreme to start working. I have installed the disk that came with it as well. Could someone please help me out as to how I can get this thing working? Thanks

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Going to need more specifics, you state it doesn't work but what errors are you getting?

This is a tough one. Never had a Windows user call in and ask to setup an AirPort Base Station, usually they have a Mac to ease the process.

The only thing I would recommend at this point is to do a hard rest by pressing and holding the reset button for 5-10 seconds or until the LED starts blinking rapidly and then try doing to whole setup process again. If you still can't get it to work and you're desperate to set it up before you get your MacBook Pro, call into AppleCare and ask to be transferred to Wireless Multimedia.

3. aresinferno macrumors regular

Not 100% sure what the problem could be.

I originally set up my airport (Time Capsule and Express) before i got my nice macbook pro.

The problem is most likely either down to your modem not set up correctly or your airport not set up correctly. Verify it is not your modem by plugging directly from the modem into the computer.

Is the problem that you just don't get internet, don't see a network to connect to or cannot see the airport in the airport utility?If your modem is set up to do everything rather than your airport then you should make sure it is set up in bridge mode.

4. derek1984 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Finally got to call Apple this morning. Airport is now working! Great customer service. Thanks guys for helping on here.